Monday, January 10, 2011

Seed for Thought: The Blissful Return


Imagine my joy when I stood at the kitchen window sipping my morning coffee and found it almost impossible to count the flock of Evening Grosbeaks that were partying at my bird feeding station. They were literally spinning around on the seed-filled cream cheese container like a schoolyard merry-go-round. I think that there were probably twenty or more on the feeders, clothesline and ground. Their contrasting yellow, black, grey and white markings are inspiring.


Along with the Evening Grosbeaks were the Goldfinches. They too were in a flock, which is typical. As if that wasn’t glorious enough, the Black Crested Titmice, Purple Finches, Chickadees, Hairy Woodpecker, Blue Jays and Nuthatches joined in and the Red Squirrel dashed back and forth beneath the clothesline causing a bit of a stir, but not enough to clear the place.

I am grateful for their presence and reassurance that all is well with my feathered friends, and that they know that the doors are always open at my bird bistro.

Photo Courtesy of: http://vintagecatnip.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment